What is Tasigna?
Tasigna is a type of drug that is used to treat children and adults who have been recently diagnosed with a certain type of leukemia called Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in chronic phase.
Adults with chronic phase Ph+ CML or augmented phase Ph+ CML who:
- Do not have any effect of other treatments, including imatinib (Gleevec)
- Cannot tolerate other treatments, including imatinib (Gleevec)
Children with chronic phase Ph+ CML who:
- Have no positive effects from treatment with a tyrosine-kinase inhibitor medicine
- Cannot tolerate the effects of tyrosine-kinase inhibitor medicine
It is still unknown that whether Tasigna is safe and effective for children of 1 year of age or less, that are diagnosed with intolerant Ph+ CML in chronic phase. But according to a survey, several Tasigna attorneys have been fighting cases against the manufacturer of this drug on the behalf of their clients.
Who should not take Tasigna?
You should take Tasigna if you have:
- long QTc syndrome
- low levels of magnesium and potassium in your blood
- You must tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions. If you have the following-mentioned problems, you must take advice from your doctor before taking this drug for cancer treatment:
- problems related to heart
- decreased blood flow to the brain leading to strokes
- irregular heartbeat
- QTc prolongation
- liver problems
- allergic to lactose (milk sugar) or other sugars. Tasigna contains lactose. People who have mild or moderate lactose intolerance can take Tasigna.
- bleeding problems
- pregnancy or are planning to become pregnant. Tasigna can hurt your unborn baby.
The side effects of Tasigna can be really unnerving. In some unfortunate cases, victims have to lose their lives. If you too have taken Tasigna and now facing health issues, it’s time for you to take some action.
You must file a case against the corrupted people and get compensation for your health loss, financial loss, work loss and all types of sufferings that you may have faced. But this may not be achieved without the help of a successful lawyer for Tasigna.
So, hire a lawyer and get reimbursement for your losses.