Hernias happen when an organ, intestines, or fatty tissue squeezes through a hole or weak spot in a muscle. Anything that rises abdominal pressure can cause a hernia, including obesity, weight-lifting, constipation, or pregnancy.
Types of Hernias
- Inguinal: inner groin
- Femoral: upper thigh or outer groin
- Incisional: surgical incision or scar in the abdomen
- Ventral: abdominal wall
- Umbilical: belly button
- Hiatal: inside the abdomen on the diaphragm
Using mesh devices to repair hernias has been in practice for more than 50 years. However, not all hernia mesh products are generated equal. If a hernia mesh is faulty, it can cause severe infections and other severe complications often leading to additional surgeries. Severe complications included pain, non-healing wounds, infections, fluid buildup and organs fused together (fitulas). Larger pieces of mesh increased the risk of complications.
Symptoms of hernia mesh complications include:
- Mesh migration
- Bacterial infections
- Hernia recurrence
- Further surgeries to treat hernia recurrence
Serious problems have been linked to a number of different types of hernia mesh or surgical patch products used in recent years during hernia repair. Lawyers filing Ethiconphysiomeshlawsuits provide free consultations and case evaluations to help determine if you or a loved one may have received a defective or recalled hernia mesh.
Several hernia mesh lawsuits have been filed over abortive Physiomesh hernia mesh products with some of the subsequent allegations:
- Failure to achieve adequate research of the product
- Failure to warn about the complications linked to the product
- Providing misleading information about Physiomesh’s safety
- Defective instructions for surgeons
- Failing to make a safer mesh product.
If you underwent a hernia surgery and suffered severe hernia mesh side effects, your complications may be the result of a defective mesh product made by Ethicon. You may qualify to file a hernia mesh lawsuit. You can also navigate here to know about the various lawsuits filed by the suffered patients.
Financial compensation may be available through a hernia mesh lawsuit for individuals who have qualified complications that stemmed in the need for revision surgery due to:
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- Organ Perforation,
- Adhesions or Erosion Allergic Reactions
- Surgical Removal of Hernia Mesh